You should definitely be asking yourself what exactly comes to mind when you hear the word ‘football‘.
Are you thinking about the ball, or are you thinking about the field and the players? Well, different people happen to visualise many different things when they are thinking about football. A lot of people think about how it has contributed so much to the world of sports. There are so many sports out there which are really helpful, and football is definitely up there when it comes to keeping people fit. If we look at some of the reasons as to why football has become so popular, a lot of people may say that it has been absolutely loved for so long and, people have actually started loving it because of tradition. Tradition is definitely one of the biggest reasons why football is absolutely loved all around the world.
A lot of people have a wonderful passion for this particular sport, and they also show this by exhibiting behaviour that will actually surprise all of us. When someone is very interested in a football team, they actually do a lot of things which show the love. They are very loyal to it, and they get annoyed when someone says anything against that team. That is some amazing loyalty right there. You can also say that football happens to be one of the most popular sports and one of the most-watched sports in the entire world. I feel that the popularity of football can be linked to people being really loyal to the game.
- Firstly, the World Cup is the most popular tournament on the entire planet, and it is really loved. FIFA is something that is loved by millions of people, and all of them show their unfaltering love for football.
- Football is a game that features some of the most recognised athletes on the planet. I am talking about Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. They are some of the best athletes of this generation.
- The salary of these players is actually off the roof. Lionel Messi has made $111 million, and Ronaldo has made $110 million. People like Neymar have made $100 million. As you can see, football is obviously a very lucrative industry that has big money in it. You can easily say that it is a multi-billion dollar industry, and people keep funnelling money into this industry.
- There are also a lot of brand deals that go along with football. I am talking about brands like Under Armour, Nike, Adidas and more.
- The media and television have definitely played a gigantic role when it comes to promoting the popularity of football. Children start loving this game from a very young age because of this.